A Note from Dori Sullivan, CWS President
Wow! November is going to be a busy month for the members and friends of Citrus Watercolor Society. There are some very exciting plans in the works and the most important part of those plans is YOU!!
We need your support to continue with successful workshops and activities, we need you join us as an active artist/member of CWS so we can continue to grow.
- Number one: Please come to our regular monthly meeting and get to know other artists just like you. Bring one of your paintings and enter it in the Artist of the Month competition.
- Secondly, sign-up for workshops like Bev Yankwitt’s (Nov. 11th and 12th) “Exploring Color Strategies in Abstract” and “Abstract Landscapes”.
- Plus join us for special events like our “Art in the Wildlife Park” in Homosassa Springs Nov. 17th (set-up) and Show and Sale Sat. Nov. 18th (9:00 to 5:00) and Sunday Nov. 19 (9:00 to 4:30). You can enter the show at no cost. It is a juried show and you may have one painting judged for cash or ribbon awards. A portion of our sales benefits the Wildlife Park.
- Before the end of November, please register for our Holiday Luncheon at Citrus Hills Golf and Country Club Dec. 8th. You will enjoy our guest artist Jerome Chesley’s demo and if at all possible, sign-up for his workshop Dec. 9th.
- And lastly – volunteer to be a part of our team. Currently we need one or two members to coordinate our refreshments for our “meet and greet” time prior to our Business Meeting. Signian McGeary needs volunteers to “sponsor workshops” (where you can earn a free workshop!) or help Dick Carlton with our screen, banners and AV equipment at meetings and workshops. There are many opportunities where you can share your time and talents with CWS.
Signian McGeary needs volunteers to “sponsor workshops” (where you can earn a free workshop!) or help Dick Carlton with our screen, banners and AV equipment at meetings and workshops. There are many opportunities where you can share your time and talents with CWS.
Thank you Darla Goldberg and her sponsor Deb Newman for providing a fun workshop and for all of you supporting the chaotic time we had getting relocated at the church. We’ll be back in the Family Meeting Hall this coming month. I really appreciated everyone’s help in setting up and participating in the meeting and the workshop.
As I’ve said before, YOU are key to our continued success and keeping our reputation for being “the friendliest art society around”. Stay well – I’m looking forward to seeing you in November.